Date:      Fri, 2 Dec 2005 09:03:02 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Jeremy C. Reed" <reed@reedmedia.net>
To:        Joel Dahl <joel@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        www@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: please upload press release

On Fri, 2 Dec 2005, Joel Dahl wrote:

> On Tue, 2005-11-29 at 11:01 -0800, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
>> I emailed to the Foundation contact and also to the www team. Below my
>> signature is a press release (as discussed on marketing@).
>
> <SNIP>
>
> Is someone working on this?

The Foundation emailed me back. It is not posted on their website yet.
They did release it via a press release distribution service.

I waited a couple days and then self-published it myself also. And now
several websites are pointing to it at
http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/2005/12/News155.html.

More important than posting this article at FreeBSD.org, is to create some
policy for how to submit a news article for the news flash or for the "in
the press" or for the "Press Releases" page. And a policy is needed to
indicate how quickly or how www team is to respond.

If GNATS is the suggested way to submit articles, please document it on
the three pages (newsflash, press, and pressreleases).

  Jeremy C. Reed

  	  	 	 Media Relations and Publishing Services
 	  	 	 http://www.reedmedia.net/