Date:      Tue, 2 Jul 2002 12:27:48 +0200
From:      Andreas Ntaflos <ant@overclockers.at>
To:        Bryan Liesner <bleez@bellatlantic.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: freetype2?? again!

On Tue, Jul 02, 2002 at 02:20:06AM -0400, Bryan Liesner wrote:

> First of all, if you look in the Makefile, you'll see that the port
> depends on gmake.  If you go into the work directory and type make
> install, you'll be calling the BSD make, not gmake.  Just look at the
> contents of "install" in the work directory

Yes, I know about that. I never tried to run the BSD make on targets
for gmake, I just meant to do the normal `make install` to make sure
it is not portupgrade getting in the way.

> If you have a . in your path, once again, you'll be calling the
> BSD install.
>
> Having "." in your path IS the cause of the failure.  Just for fun,
> remove the . from your path, and do a make install.  If you insist on
> having . in your path, do:

Ahh, sorry, my fault. I misread your previous message, as in "you have
to have '.' in your path". Must have been to early in the morning or I
am just a little stupid lately :)

So I removed '.' from root's path and suddenly, it worked. Thanks a
lot for that! This would never have crossed my mind!

> make clean
> make
> manually remove the file "install" from work/freetype-2.1.2
> make install
>
> A "." in your path is convenient, but it's a bad thing...

It's gone now, and will never come back in... Somehow funny, just a
simple dot was the cause of my headaches and months of thought and
build errors :)

Thanks a lot again Bryan!
--
	Andreas "ant" Ntaflos