Date:      Sun, 5 Dec 1999 17:54:11 -0600 (CST)
From:      Sumedh Wale <wale@cs.uiuc.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Help ! messed up disklabel

Hi!

I somehow messed up the disklabel on one of the freebsd partitions. The
partition contained two slices. I can still use the first slice by
mounting the original slice (/dev/wd0s3e) -- I can even use the slice in
linux by mounting the primary partition (/dev/hda3) as of type ufs.
However the other slice cannot be mounted -- gives incorrect superblock.

I found it strange that even though the original disklabel has been
erased, I can still use the first slice.

I hope that the second slice can be recovered. Is there a way?

Thanks a lot.

sumedh.

P.S. please send the replies to my address as I am not (yet) on the
mailing list. thanks!