Date:      Sun, 28 Sep 97 23:20:56 -0700
From:      "Studded" <Studded@dal.net>
To:        "Greg Lehey" <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        "current@FreeBSD.ORG" <current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Staying -current with FreeBSD

On Mon, 29 Sep 1997 10:21:09 +0930, Greg Lehey wrote:

>Unfortunately, I've just discovered my mistake: I had the ports tree
>inside /usr/src, so it's been counted twice.  Take 160 MB off that
>figure...

	Ok, so how about a semi-definitive answer to that age-old
question.  I want to know how much hard disk space I should allocate
for a fairly complete freebsd system.  I'm talking binaries, CVS source
tree, and room to make the world.  I'll add swap space and room for my
files as needed.  Assume a fairly luxurious system with some games,
ports, etc.  Disk space is fairly cheap right now, but it's always good
to plan ahead.  Any takers? :)

Thanks,

Doug

Do thou amend thy face,