Date:      Wed, 15 May 1996 15:43:17 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@ki.net>
To:        Joerg Wunsch <joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 3 terabytes on one server? (was Re: more than 32 scsi disks on a single machine ?)

On Wed, 15 May 1996, J Wunsch wrote:

> As Sean Kelly wrote:
>
> > Yep.  The sixth field is the fsck pass number.  fsck runs in order of
> > pass number, entries with the same number are run in parallel.
>
> Only two distinct pass numbers are supported, however.  The first is
> for the root f/s, the other one for the rest.

<brought following from other email>
> > /dev/sd0a                       /               ufs     rw 1 1
> > /dev/sd0s1e                     /usr            ufs     rw 1 1
> > /dev/sd0s1b                     none            swap    sw 0 0
> > /dev/sd1s1e                     /var            ufs     rw 1 1
> > /dev/sd1s1f                     /var/spool      ufs     rw 1 1

	Now, my assumption when I originally read the man page was
that a value of 1 did sequential fsck's, and a value of to invoked
parrellelism...is this a correct assumption?  or, in Joe's case above,
would all of those file systems in the '1' range be fsck's in parrellel,
and then all his news drives next?

Marc G. Fournier                                  scrappy@ki.net
Systems Administrator @ ki.net               scrappy@freebsd.org