Date:      Sat, 13 Mar 2004 18:02:16 -0500
From:      Ken Smith <kensmith@cse.Buffalo.EDU>
To:        Robert Leslie <les@geophys.washington.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-sparc64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Sun Blade 100

On Fri, Mar 12, 2004 at 05:06:43PM -0800, Robert Leslie wrote:

> i have two Sun Blade 100's i'm trying to install 5.x on.
>
> both of them show the same symptom of crashing with a pcib dma access
> error during boot (right after install they stayed up for about 5 mins).
>
> my questions are:
>
> is there a stable bsd for the sun blades?
>
> to get these to work should i somehow disable dma, and if so how?
>
> where can i find install information for bsd's on the sun blade
>  specifically?
>
> what successes have people had putting bsd the the blade 100?
>
> thanks for any help you can give me.

Hmm.  I know it works to some extent, that's the style machine I've
been using to test the release CD's before posting them to the mirror
sites.

Are you using them with a serial console or are you trying to use the
keyboard with them?  I think there are still issues with the USB
keyboards/mice.  For some variants of sparc64 it's safe to shift off
the serial console after completing the install but if I'm not
mistaken about the USB problems you're best off leaving the Blade-100's
on a serial console for now.

If you are using the serial port for the console is there any chance
you can send the console messages you get during a failing boot?

--
						Ken Smith
- From there to here, from here to      |       kensmith@cse.buffalo.edu