Date:      Mon, 24 May 2004 01:46:24 -0500
From:      <timh@tjhawkins.com>
To:        <core@freebsd.org>, <jkh@queasyweasel.com>, <okumoto@ucsd.edu>, <freebsd-libh@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Hmm... why?

why does freebsd need a new installer? Why not allow the current =
installer "sysinstall" to just become user friendly..edit it and add new =
things to it... possilby even adding a graphical interface that works =
with it. It's all possible and correct me if I'm wrong--wouldn't it be =
less work? If sysinstall was just more userfriendly it would work very =
well.

As for porting a  Linux installer to FreeBSD... I do not recommend it. =
there will be alot of conflict about the GPL vs. BSD licenses and we all =
know what kind of war that starts. I personally think freebsd should =
have its own installer under its own license.

thanks,
tim hawkins.