Date:      Sat, 1 Dec 2012 14:24:00 -0800
From:      Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@xcllnt.net>
To:        Nathan Whitehorn <nwhitehorn@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-geom@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Replacing sade with bsdinstall's partedit

On Dec 1, 2012, at 12:12 PM, Nathan Whitehorn <nwhitehorn@freebsd.org> =
wrote:

> On 03/11/12 10:30, Nathan Whitehorn wrote:
>> I was wondering how people would feel about replacing sade in =
-CURRENT with the partition editor utility from bsdinstall. It provides =
similar functionality to sade, but with the addition of supporting GPT, =
working on non-x86 platforms, etc. It would also keep things more in =
sync with the installer.
>>=20
>> If you want to test it, the following will work on either -CURRENT or =
9.0:
>> rm /usr/sbin/sade
>> ln -s /usr/libexec/bsdinstall/partedit /usr/sbin/sade
>> -Nathan
>=20
> It's been about 9 months since I sent this out (it got lost in the =
shuffle), but I'd still like to do this. I'm bringing it back up again, =
given the delay, and then will commit the change in a week if there are =
no objections.

IMO, sade should never have existed to begin with.
$0.02,

--=20
Marcel Moolenaar
marcel@xcllnt.net