Date:      Mon, 24 Aug 2015 16:21:53 +0200
From:      Willem Jan Withagen <wjw@digiware.nl>
To:        Baptiste Daroussin <bapt@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        "stable@freebsd.org" <stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: regression from previous version of pw

On 24-8-2015 16:16, Baptiste Daroussin wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 24, 2015 at 04:07:29PM +0200, Willem Jan Withagen wrote:

>>> The code has been changed to respect what the manual and the help output was
>>> showing: -V should be passed before the subcommand
>>
>> You just changed that now? Or my version is lagging behind?
>> Text is much more clear than the 'illegal option' espacially now there
>> is also the -R stuff. So it made me wonder.

We the text now, was enough to make me look at the man page.
So it depends on how much error info you give with other problems.
I'm all for more informational error messages. I don't think the Unixs
are (used to be) in that mode.

> I changed that when bringing in the -R stuff so long ago. Illegal option is made
> by getopt(3) directly but I can make it nicer and show a message that explains.

my code had services running php53. :( So it is old...

So that is probably why I did not get bitten earlier.

Ciao,
--WjW