Date:      Fri, 05 Feb 2016 06:07:47 -0500
From:      "Curtis Hamilton" <hamiltcl@verizon.net>
To:        <java@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   JDK7 Shark Build

Has anyone been successful in building a JDK7 Shark JVM on a non-X86?

=20

I=E2=80=99ve been successfully built a Zero JVM for ppc64.  Building =
Shark, after applying a couple of patches to ciTypeFlow.cpp, everything =
seems to build the JVM okay.  However, it errors when trying to use the =
newly built JVM following:

=20

=E2=80=9CError while creating Shark JIT: Unable to find target for this =
triple (no targets are registered)=E2=80=9D

I=E2=80=99ve searched the net and found references to at least one other =
person getting the same results building Shark on MIPS.  I don=E2=80=99t =
believe a bug report was filed.  And cannot find any solution.  I have =
no idea how to register the shark JIT into the build.

Does anybody know how to deal with this? Thanks in advance and looking =
forward to any reply.

Curtis