Date:      Fri, 17 Aug 2001 08:52:48 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
To:        Peter Wemm <peter@wemm.org>
Cc:        Wilko Bulte <wkb@freebie.xs4all.nl>, "David O'Brien" <obrien@FreeBSD.org>, <alpha@FreeBSD.org>, <developers@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: dropping compiler support in -current

> - David is annoyed because he cannot test his gcc / toolchain work adequately
> on the alpha right now.  Maybe we should be offloading that from him

I dunno. I still rebuild -current and run on 4-5 alphas and don't see that
many panics myself. David sees things that some others aren't. But your point
is well taken but obvious in that if David doesn't want to do this any more,
of course he doesn't have to. This is a volunteer effort (with some
exceptions)- so we thank him for the effort and move on. If alpha is broken
and somebody wants to then fix it-great. If not, too bad.

-mtat