Date:      Sun, 02 Dec 2001 18:57:18 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
To:        "Dragon Fire" <dragonfire820@mediaone.net>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: device object, driver object, cdevsw

In message <003e01c17b9c$0e571ff0$037d6041@gandalf> "Dragon Fire" writes:
: I am using stable not devfs for development.
:
: In the Design and Implementation of the 4.4 BSD Operating System. Chapter 6
: states
:
: Device Drivers
:
: A device is divided into three main sections
: 1. Autoconfiguration and initialization routines
: 2. Routines for servicing I/O requests (the top half)
: 3. Interrupt service routines (the bottom half)
:
: Would it be a fair analogy to say the KLD portion of the code equates to 1.,
: the cdevsw equate to 2., and the isr equate to 3.
:
: I appreciate your response I'm just trying to get a thorough understanding.

Yes.  all three of these live in one file, usually done the same way I
do mine.

Warner