Date:      Sun, 22 Aug 2004 16:22:10 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Jerry McAllister <jerrymc@clunix.cl.msu.edu>
To:        ChrisJ.Owen@btinternet.com (Chris Owen)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Query

> I am really confused about the concept of FreeBSD. I know it is for server use, which is what I want, but wht do I download to get it working. I am running an AMD Athlon system NOT 64 bit. Please help me. Do you have an idiots guide?

There are no idiots running FreeBSD.  It is a very wise decision to do so.

Start with the handbook available free on the FreeBSD web site.
     http://www.freebsd.org/

While you are there, look around at other things and follow some oother
links to various FAQs and othre documentation and guidlines.

////jerry