Date:      Tue, 28 Nov 2000 03:14:33 -0600
From:      "Justin W. Pauler" <jwpauler@jwpages.com>
To:        "Mike Nowlin" <mike@argos.org>, <freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: IM server?

http://www.icq.com/groupware/

That is ICQ's free server version. It will allow you to setup a local ICQ
network for your users to communicate. From what I read (rather quickly) it
gives a few special features, but downloads and uploads will be fast across
the network, as well as just regular message sending.  have never personally
used it, but I have seen it in action. They used a very small 233Mhz box,
with 64MB RAM and it was extremely fast.

The catch? Yup, not supported with *NIX. I'm not sure at this time if anyone
has made a port, but it would be nice. ICQ only right now, supports Windows
NT 4.0.

-jwp

Justin W. Pauler (drnet)
E-Mail: jwpauler@jwpages.com