Date:      Tue, 07 Nov 2017 08:37:33 +0000
From:      "Thomas Mueller" <mueller6722@twc.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Regarding building corosync 2.4.3 on FreeBSD 8.4-RELEASE

from Jaspal Kaur:

> I am trying to build corosync 2.4.3 on FreeBSD 8.4-RELEASE. I am able to build its below dependencies:

The first thing to do is update FreeBSD, since 8.4 is long past end-of-life.  Oldest supported version is 10.4, better to install FreeBSD 11.1 or STABLE, or HEAD.

If updating from source, it may require several stages, since I don't think you can directly upgrade from 8.4 to 11.x or HEAD.

Ports framework does not support past-EOL versions of FreeBSD.

Tom