Date:      Tue, 28 Aug 2001 20:41:14 -0700
From:      Andrew Stuart <elitetek@tekrealm.net>
To:        Conrad Sabatier <conrads@home.com>
Cc:        KT Sin <ktsin@acm.org>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG, Mikko Tyolajarvi <mikko@dynas.se>
Subject:   Re: vlc: Virtual timer expired

On Tue, 28 Aug 2001 at 22:17:17 -0500, Conrad Sabatier wrote:

> On 26-Aug-2001 KT Sin wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I used to get the same error. After I ran make world and rebuilt the ports
> > from
> > scratch, vlc started to work properly again.
> >
> > The version is now 0.2.83. Perhaps this later version fixes the virtual timer
> > problem. If you have an older version of vlc, try rebuilding it.
> >
> > kt
>
> Just cvsupped, made world tonight, latest version of vlc from ports.  Same
> results.  :-(
>
> --
> Conrad Sabatier
> conrads@home.com

Unfortantly this is very true. -stable breaks vlc, with any version of
vlc. I havent had the time to try and track down what changed to cause
this, hopefully i will this weekend, but seeing as im not a programmer
the chances are slim, but i have a few ideas anyways. I keep cvsuping
hopeing for a fix, but alas none yet. I wonder if the port maintainer
has been reading this thread by any chance? I will email them tonight
to find out.

--
Andrew