Date:      Thu, 28 Nov 1996 12:44:07 -0500
From:      crb@glue.umd.edu (Christopher R. Bowman)
To:        hackers@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: hackers-digest V1 #1701

>From: "Soren Schmidt" <sos@ravenock.cybercity.dk>
>Date: Thu, 28 Nov 1996 09:10:25 +0100 (MET)
>Subject: Re: IDE CDROM failure report..

>> Sometimes IRC has its points.. :-)
>>
>> Apparently the NEC IDE 273 drive will mount, but gives read errors in
>> actual use.  Anyone with one of these drives, please talk to Soren!
>> If you can also find one for sale in Denmark, Soren, please go ahead
>> and buy it and send me the bill (or just buy it out of the check I'm
>> about to send you).
>
>Check ! Are you sure thats the right type code for it, it doesn't show
>up un my lists (but they are pretty old anyways..)

As I just indicated to Jordan by private mail, the nec 273 I have here in
my Dell works just fine once you have FreeBSD up and running (I have used
it here under 2.1, I dont get read errors) but trying to install from it
under windows95 I have never been able to do.  I can't even get the ATAPI
install floppies to work right.  Let me know how I can help further.

---------
Christopher R. Bowman
crb@eng.umd.edu
<A HREF="http://www.glue.umd.edu/~crb">My home page</A>