Date:      Wed, 17 May 2000 11:07:42 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "J. Goodleaf" <goodleaf@seanet.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   DNS w/ DSL line

Does anyone know of a good tutorial book/site covering DSL and DNS? Like
some of the folks in the mail archives, I'm setting up a domain and have a
static IP over DSL. Mine will be the authoritative server. What I can't
figure out is:
 -Have dns server hostx.domain.net with IP 192.168.0.2
behind cisco 675 with actual static IP 199.xxx.xxx.xxx
 -Have static nat entries in cisco router that push all port 53 tcp and
udp to hostx.domain.net.
 -But dns server is probably reporting 192.168.0.2
to outside world. (I assume this based on the fact that no one can connect
to my domain, although router nat works perfectly; I can telnet to
199.xxx.xxx.xxx; dns on LAN also works great.)
 -I want it to pretend it's 199.xxx.xxx.xxx while retaining
good service to LAN to which it's connected.
 -Have been unable to succeed in getting this pretense to come off.
 -Am obviously new to this and the otherwise superb OReilly DNS/BIND book
doesn't address this specifically (that I can find/understand).
 -I'm sure this is ridiculously easy to pull off, but I'm missing
something.
Thanks,
John