Date:      Thu, 1 Apr 1999 01:14:04 +0400
From:      "Alex Sel'kov" <as@shome.eu.org>
To:        <stefan@promo.de>
Cc:        <freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: 2 cards in one collision domain

> No.  In some parts of the kernel, some code is ommited or included
> specifically with options BRIDGE, for example, some ARP code in
> src/sys/netinet/if_ether.c.

Aha. I got it. This is the place, where I can turn off unnecessary
diagnostic code :)

>It seems to me that the auto-sensing of your hub (a dual-speed hub?) and
>the cards don't get together well.  The safest way in this case is to set
>the interface to the correct speed manually.

Strange. I don't have such problem under linux (I mean autosensing).
And when I try to force 100baseTX using ifconfig hub simply disconnect
this adapter.

> As for de1, can you compile if_de.c with TULIP_DEBUG defined?  This should
> give some more indications why the PHY isn't set up correctly for
> 100baseTX.

But I'm already do this! :)

OK, once again:

[root@turtle TURTLE]$ dmesg | grep de1
de1: <Digital 21143 Fast Ethernet> rev 0x30 int a irq 16 on pci2.4.0
de1: 21143 [10-100Mb/s] pass 3.0
de1: address 00:c0:ca:11:78:ed
de1: timeout: probing 100baseTX
de1: timeout: probing 10baseT
de1: enabling 10baseT port
de1: timeout: probing 100baseTX
de1: timeout: probing 10baseT
de1: enabling 10baseT port

That's all messages with TULIP_DEBUG.

> It's just a warning you can safely ignore.  One could argue that it is
> pointless for the kernel to report stations moving from one interface to
> another, but usually, people don't connect two interfaces to the same net,
> either.

Cut a piece of code not so difficult as write one ever for me :) BTW,
thank you and other developers for a great job you doing for all of us!

Regards,

as