Date:      Mon, 2 Mar 2015 06:50:23 +0000 (UTC)
From:      Ji-Haw Foo <foojihaw@yahoo.com>
To:        "freebsd-arm@freebsd.org" <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>
Subject:   porting node to Pi

Hi all!
I've just bought my Pi B+ (not the latest Pi 2) and installed the FreeBSD 1=
0.1 STABLE image. It works!=C2=A0
Then I realise that my fav app Node is not supported straight off the ports=
. I tried downloading the 0.10.x source and compiling but it's a dead end t=
oo. The only solution open to me is to install Debian Wheezy, and node inst=
alled easily.
Since Node works off Pi+Linux, I'm hopeful that it will too under FreeBSD (=
since it works off-the-shelf for x86 platforms). I'm been advised to pose m=
y question to this list: is there anyone whom I can work with to get Node r=
unning on the Pi? I have the hardware and maybe a little time. I just don't=
 know how to get started and how to work around the compile fails.