Date:      Thu, 20 May 1999 19:42:06 +0100
From:      Roger Hardiman <roger@cs.strath.ac.uk>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Cc:        small@freebsd.org
Subject:   error 6: panic : cannot mount root(2) with PicoBSD current

Help

I'm trying to get the PicoBSD code on -current compiling again
as it has got a bit stale. But I get a kernel Panic.

I brought the kernel config files up to date. Booting
with the 'dial' disk (build without ssh) panics with

  error 6: panic: cannot mount root (2)

This comes just ater the sio and ie0 probes.

I wonder if it has anything to do with the old entry
  config          kernel  root on wd0

which the new config program ignores.

Any suggestions?
Bye