Date:      Wed, 20 Dec 2000 23:49:40 -0000
From:      "Rocky Balboa" <killgatesnow@hotmail.com>
To:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Join now and help freebsd

There must be plenty of freebsd based boxes out there, that has plenty of
CPU idle time. Why not put it to use and at the same time make some free
advertising for freebsd?

Join Team FreeBSD and help us crunch some numbers in the www.distributed.net
RC5-64 challenge.
All you need to do is download a small client, install it, and sign up for
our team. The client only uses the idle time, and will not have any impact
on your machines other services. Its truly nice to resources, you will
hardly notice its running.

Check out the RC5 challenge homepage at http://www.distributed.net and the
Team FreeBSD homepage at http://www.posi.net/freebsd/Team-FreeBSD/
Join now, we need all the help we can get, there are teams running OS/2 and
MacIntosh's that is currently doing better then us, and you dont want that
to happen, do you? :)

Observe that neither me or Team FreeBSD is in any way connected to the
FreeBSD organisation other then that we use FreeBSD as our operative system
of choice and would love to see its name at the top of the RC5 Challenge
scoreboard.

If you find this mail to be spam, I do sincerely apologize. I hate spam just
as much as any other intelligent internet user. I hope you understand...