Date:      Thu, 14 Feb 2002 01:02:49 -0500 (EST)
From:      Justin <justins@tcnet.org>
To:        mbr@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   www/mod_frontpage problems

Good day,

I am having a problem with the www/mod_frontpage port that I was hoping
could be addressed. I installed www/apache13 and www/mod_php4 first and
then said port. I added FrontPageAdminEnable to the "default" virtual and
attempted to use the web configuration at
http://virtual/_vti_bin/_vti_adm/fpadmcgi.exe, but was given a 403 error.

/var/log/http_error.log shows this:

[Wed Feb 13 23:43:49 2002] [error] [client 1.2.3.4] web root owned by
privileged user: /usr/local/www/data/_vti_bin

This is a default apache installation, yet chowning /usr/local/www/data to
www does not seem to help this problem.

The possibility exists that I am missing a step. I did not find very much
documentation for this mod, and the previous version of improved
mod_frontpage I had used was not from ports. It also created
/usr/local/frontpage and used the fpsrvadm.exe to add frontpage webs.

Can anyone offer any assistance?

Thank you,

Justin