Date:      Wed, 26 Mar 2003 10:49:26 +0200
From:      Dmitry Alyabyev <dimitry@al.org.ua>
To:        "Arie J. Gerszt" <arie@gerszt.ch>, <freebsd-isp@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: update filesystem problems - still unsolved but new evidence

On Wednesday 26 March 2003 08:18, Arie J. Gerszt wrote:
> Hi All
>
> Thanks for your reply. As I freed up some space by moving /sbin /bin to
> another
> parition, which gave me 3MB,

it's bad way - as bad as have root's shell not in / by the way - you should
have /bin and /sbin and other staff in / partition in case on troubles and
posibility to run some checks/fixes over others partitions.

> today I see, that the / parition overruns 107%
> again.
>
> I just can't figure out, who that is, why it happens.
>
> What I also see is:
>
> Mar 26 06:12:43 caramba /kernel: pid 46469 (sweep), uid 85 on /: file
> system full
> Mar 26 06:21:16 caramba /kernel: pid 47054 (sweep), uid 85 on /: file
> system full
>
> sweep is the av scanner for qmail (user id 85). Strangely, the av scanner
> does not
> sit on /, rather /usr/

in my opinion the problem is in /tmp (Bill Vermillion wrote about it)
files in /tmp can be used by your av scanner and others programs.
the solution is to move /tmp/* to /usr/tmp or /var/tmp and make symlink

--
Dimitry