Date:      Fri, 24 May 1996 21:38:17 +-1000
From:      Greg Laslett <abseil@thehub.com.au>
To:        "'questions@freebsd.org'" <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   X Server

I recently installed X with conservative parameters on a machine
with a noname/no numbers 1mb vga card.  When I start the VGA server
the windows are 'too big' to fit on the screen.  I've tried the SVGA server
but the windows are even bigger again.  The doco indicates that resolution
can be changed with Ctrl/Alt/KeyPad +/- but this seems to have no effect.

a) how does one adjust screen resolution

b) is their any software that can tell me what this VGA card is pretending
    to be ?

Regards,

Greg Laslett