Date:      Tue, 18 Mar 2003 13:08:35 +0200
From:      " Gideon Oosthuysen" <gideon@isogo.co.za>
To:        <freebsd-isp@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Leased line between FreeBSD (or debian) and windows 98 box

Heya

Leased line setup as follows :
[server] [modem] - 2 wireleased line - [modem][win98 client]
I've been toying with this for about a week now and with no luck ? Although
my efforts have been based on debian ...
I am 99 % sure my failure to get this working seems to be my configuration
of the win98 box .
Getting this to work on a linux machine was very easy ... but for some
reason i cant get it to work on win98 ?
At present i am using "null modem" on the win98 . It gets to verifying
username and password and then after 30 seconds
it times out and complains the remote computer did not respond to a network
request .
On the linux side i get LCP config request timeouts ..

I realise this seems off topic for a freebsd mailing list ...
But my question is this ... Has anyone actualy succeeded in getting this to
work ?
And if you have can you please send me your config files ? Aswell as your
win98 configuration ...
Or just the win98 configuration would do .

I've heard rumours that setting this up with win98 is actualy impossible ...
but i would just like to make 100 % sure .

Thanks in Advance
Gideon Oosthuysen
ps. Again i apologize for the off topic but i am desperate ... if this is
indeed possible i will try and set it up with freebsd .
I have tried asking for help from the linux community which replied install
linux client , The Microsoft community said install Microsoft
2000 server and the Modem manufacturer refused to help since its not a
hardware issue .