Date:      Thu, 16 Apr 1998 11:18:18 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Matthew N. Dodd" <winter@jurai.net>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        Jason Evans <jasone@canonware.com>, freebsd-sparc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Disinvolvement with FreeBSD/SPARC

On Wed, 15 Apr 1998, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:
> I guess that sort of prompts the next question.  Is there anyone
> wanting to take on the task of doing a Sparc port in Jason's place or
> can we simply retire this project from the rolls and quietly fold up
> the various references to it in the documentation?  Better to simply
> bury it (even if temporarily) than raise false hopes if the project is
> well and truly without a motive force behind it.  That much we've
> at least learned from (similar) experience. :)

I was kind of hoping that once ELF went in and the toolchain was updated
it would be fairly easy to dive in and start compiling the userland on the
Sparc in much the same manner that the Alpha port is doing.

I've not seen any code for ths sparc so far so other than this one email,
nothing appears to have changed.  :)

/*
   Matthew N. Dodd		| A memory retaining a love you had for life
   winter@jurai.net		| As cruel as it seems nothing ever seems to
   http://www.jurai.net/~winter | go right - FLA M 3.1:53
*/