Date:      Sun, 20 Apr 1997 07:28:23 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Kenneth Merry <ken@housing1.stucen.gatech.edu>
To:        smp@csn.net (Steve Passe)
Cc:        smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Lets go for it!

Steve Passe wrote...
> Hi,
>
> "make world" completes with todays files, APIC_IO, SMP_INVLTLB, on dual P6s.
> It appears that the post Lite2 SMP kernel is basically sound at this point!

	Just so folks will know that this doesn't just work for Steve... I
cvsupped -current at about 0100 EDT on Sunday, and did a make world with a
-current uniproc kernel.  I had some initial problems with ps, w, etc.,
hanging with the uniproc kernel, but with the SMP kernel, everything seems
to work okay.  Go figure...I'll say something if I see that hanging
problem again.

> I think we should consider merging the SMP tree into -current.

	Yeah, that would be cool.  :)

Ken
--
Kenneth Merry