Date:      Wed, 18 Aug 1999 15:14:52 -0500
From:      Richard Wackerbarth <rkw@dataplex.net>
To:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: OpenBSD

On Wed, 18 Aug 1999, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
>In message <37BB0829.CFF28FCE@softweyr.com>, Wes Peters writes:
>
>>> I wonder what laws apply in antartica?  (I'm betting that moving the *BSD
>>> projects to Antiartic would get press also.  To keep the natives
>>> happy...we bring fish for the penguins. :-)
>>
>>Not a bad idea, we'd only need one person to staff the office in order to
>>make it official.  The network link in is going to cost a bit though.
>>Jordan, are you packing yet?  I'll pony up $100 towards the cost of skis
>>for your airplane.
>
>Antartica is a UN protectorate, you cannot setup a business there, and
>I doubt they would allow us either.

But FreeBSD is already there. I know one of the "regulars" who goes there every
(down under) summer.

And they just posted a job opening at The University of Texas for a sysadmin.
One of the requirements is that he pass the physical for Antartica.
Perhaps I should apply. :-)

>I hate to think about the cost of the T1 line too.

Dream on..... They would jump for joy if they could get a dedicated 56k.