Date:      Sun, 17 Feb 2002 17:43:55 -0800
From:      "George V. Neville-Neil" <gnn@neville-neil.com>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   A quick, dumb, question...

Is there a single document, or small set of documents, that describes getting
started kernel hacking on FreeBSD?  How about a set of URLs?

I would like something that tells me about (in no particular order)

1) debugging over the serial line, and remote debugging in general

2) Building for 5.0 on 4.x (if possible though I suspect I should not do this)

3) Best practices for dealing with my own versions of files while also
working with cvsup.

Those are a good start for now.

BTW If none exists I will try to write this up in the form of a tutorial
and post it at some point.

Thanks,
George

--
George V. Neville-Neil                                  gnn@neville-neil.com
NIC:GN82

"Those who would trade liberty for temporary security deserve neither"
						- Benjamin Franklin