Date:      Wed, 8 Dec 1999 19:20:48 +0600 (NOVT)
From:      "Alexey N. Dokuchaev" <danfe@inet.ssc.nsu.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mx0??

Hi!

Probably someone could give me comprehensive info on this:

options         FDESC
options         KERNFS
options         NULLFS
options         UMAPFS
options         PORTAL
options         UNION

I need as much on this as possible.  I have some ?s already.

1) I thought that these babies will allow me to have approx the same as
/proc under linux, since PROCFS in FBSD yields me _pathetic_ stuff.
However, I get /proc/fd dir, with filedescrs (apparently), but there's no
FDESC option enabled in GENERIC kernel.  Ideas?

2) KERNFS.  Is it behaviour the same as of procfs?  Meaning, I have
to have a /proc (/kern) and apporpriate line in /etc/fstab, and I cannot
mount it after boot?  (are my last 3 questions correct?)

OK, that will be it for now, I guess ;-)

Thanx for consiring this message.

./danfe