Date:      Tue, 06 May 2003 11:39:27 -0700
From:      Darryl Okahata <darrylo@soco.agilent.com>
To:        jesse@wingnet.net
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ideal laptop recommendations?

"Jesse D. Guardiani" <jesse@wingnet.net> wrote:

> If I fall in love with an IBM, then I may just have to wait a few
> months for the prices to go down and DVD burners to become available
> or something...

     What about external DVD-RW drives?  (Well, I guess you'll have
problems with support under FreeBSD.)

     If you can wait a few months, you might want to look at
Techbargains each day:

	http://www.techbargains.com

Back in January, I found a killer deal on a Thinkpad there.  Decent
laptop deals seem to appear every few months.  (However, you've got to
be careful and look at all the angles and fine print -- not everything
there is a deal, IMO.)

--
	Darryl Okahata
	darrylo@soco.agilent.com