Date:      Wed, 3 Mar 1999 20:58:56 +1100 (EDT)
From:      Andrew MacIntyre <andymac@bullseye.apana.org.au>
To:        "Mork, Geir Eivind" <Geir.Eivind@Mork.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Scanners and FreeBSD?

On Tue, 2 Mar 1999, Mork, Geir Eivind wrote:

> I'm an amatour photographer and I wonder about buying a film scanner
> (35mm negative/dias/slide scanner) but since I'm
> usually using FreeBSD I preffer to have one that can be used under
> FreeBSD as well. Anyone know of any or have used
> one with success?

If the film scanner behaves like an ordinary scanner, then one of the SANE
related packages might possibly be made to work.  You might also want to
look into xvscan (http://www.tummy.com).

E-mail: andrew.macintyre@aba.gov.au    (work) | Snail: PO Box 370
        andymac@bullseye.apana.org.au  (play) |        Belconnen  ACT  2616
Fido:   Andrew MacIntyre, 3:620/243.18        |        Australia