Date:      Tue, 28 Mar 1995 18:51:42 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Problem NCSA Telnet <--> SNAP 950210

We are trying to access a system running FreeBSD-SNAP950210 from a PC
running NCSA Telnet over packet drivers. Unfortunately, quite often it
happens that the PC gets crazy (mostly after closing a vi session). It
seems that it is receiving a huge number of telnet options (which
scroll rapidly on the status page of NCSA Telnet, so I cannot see them)
and often I have to reboot the PC.

The problem does not occur with other Unix systems and with FreeBSD
1.1. I recall there problems of the same type were discussed on
this list in the past, but don't remember very well the explaination
or the fix. Does anyone know if there might be the same problem on
the latest snapshot ?

	Thanks
	Luigi
Luigi Rizzo                     Dip. di Ingegneria dell'Informazione
email: luigi@iet.unipi.it       Universita' di Pisa
tel: +39-50-568533              via Diotisalvi 2, 56126 PISA (Italy)
fax: +39-50-568522