Date:      Thu, 27 Nov 1997 23:04:38 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug Langley <dlangley@calweb.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   problem with serial terminal

I'm having some trouble getting a serial terminal to work under FreeBSD
2.2.5.  First, I have no problems using the port (com1 9600) when
unplugging the keyboard.  Also, I can cat text to the port and see it on
the terminal.  However, when I enable it in /etc/ttys and restart  init,
when hitting enter I don't get a login prompt.  I've tried remaking the
/dev/ttyd0 device as  well.  Heres the relivant info from my system:
kernel output, ps of getty running and the line from /etc/ttys.  Any help
would be greatly appreciated.

sio0 at 0x3f8-0x3ff irq 4 on isa
sio0: type 16550A
sio0 at 0x3f8-0x3ff irq 4 on isa
sio0: type 16550A

 2443  ??  I      0:00.02 /usr/libexec/getty std.9600 ttyd0

ttyd0   "/usr/libexec/getty std.9600"   vt100 on secure