Date:      Thu, 10 Dec 2020 23:19:44 -0800
From:      Kevin Oberman <rkoberman@gmail.com>
To:        Greg Rivers <gcr+freebsd-ports@tharned.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD Ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Stale pkg repo?

On Thu, Dec 10, 2020 at 10:21 PM Greg Rivers via freebsd-ports <
freebsd-ports@freebsd.org> wrote:

> It's been a while since the "latest" FreeBSD pkg repo has been updated.
> For example, dns/bind916 was updated to 9.16.9 ~13 days ago, but has yet to
> appear in the repo.
>
> Has the frequency of pkg builds changed, or is there a problem somewhere
> that's preventing the repo from being updated?
>
> --
> Greg

You don't say which version or platform you are using. There have been two
complete repo builds of 12.2amd latest since the last repo update. Looks
like rsync to the distribution systems is hung (again). I dropped a note to
one of the people who have taken care of this in the past yesterday evening
and am hoping for a change tonight (UTC-8). Maybe this thread will get some
notice, as well. I'd like to know the proper place to report this as it has
happened several times in the past year. There really should be a watchdog
on this. Should not be hard to do. I wish I know the longest time a package
update might take after the run is finished before it indicates a problem.
the build of latest can take from a few hours to nearly 4 days. I assume
the rsync time varies by quite a bit, too.
E-mail: rkoberman@gmail.com