Date:      Mon, 11 Dec 2006 10:32:10 -0500
From:      Adam Todorski <todora@scorec.rpi.edu>
To:        Alex Zbyslaw <xfb52@dial.pipex.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware <freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Dell 1900 and SATA

Alex

I have a PowerEdge 860 with the SAS 5i/R controller in it and it works
fine with 6.2-RC1 (uses MPT + direct access SCSI modules).  One thing
that I have noticed, however, is that when testing performance under
Bonnie++ the write times (both characters and blocks) are slow
(~6.5MB/sec).  I have not tried making multiple RAID volumes, which I
hear is an issue with this controller + fBSD.

Adam