Date:      Fri, 26 Jun 2020 19:04:50 +1000
From:      Kubilay Kocak <koobs@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Python List <freebsd-python@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: egg-info / dist-info

On 26/06/2020 6:02 pm, Thierry Thomas wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I´m maintaining the port math/sage. This is not a Python port, but it
> builds and installs several Python libraries.
>
> Untill now, it did´nt build on -CURRENT, because some dependencies were
> missing, but they have been fixed.
>
> And now I´m discovering that all the files such as '*.egg-info*' become
> something like '*.dist-info*' on -CURRENT. And of course, the plist is
> wrong!
>
> I don´t care about egg-info or dist-info, but I´d like to keep the same
> namings on each platform; is it possible to enforce that?
>
> Regards.

Hi Thierry,

Would need to spend some time isolating/understanding the behaviour
delta in detail to be able to recommend the best course of action,
modulo trying to use USE_PYTHON=distutils which automates most/all of
this work, as it uses setuptools --record output to produce the pkg-plist

We can help you figure some of the details out in #freebsd-python on
freenode IRC