Date:      Sun, 1 Feb 1998 16:32:37 +0000
From:      "Riley J. McIntire" <chaos@tgci.com>
To:        "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ccd (Was: help with sendmail .mc spam filters)

Jonathan,

Thanks for the pointer to PTR! (sorry)

 Anyway, I'm in the process of using ccd to mirror disks, or more
properly the filesystems on them.  During a search of the mail
archives I saw that you did something similar.  Is it  possible to
mirror /?  Is it worthwhile?

My main question is the syntax of ccdconfig.  What do I use as the
interleave when mirroring?  I can't find anything about it,
really.  Is this correct:

ccdconfig -cv ccd0 0 CCDF_MIRROR /dev/sd0s1e /dev/sd1s1e

where the interleave is 0?  Or should I leave the interleave out?

Should I dd the "master" to the "slave" first?

Thanks again,

Riley