Date:      Tue, 4 Jul 2000 20:00:02 -0700
From:      DAve <dave@pixelhammer.com>
To:        "J Peltier" <james@aspert.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Apache on BSD SQL on NT

On Tue, 04 Jul 2000, you wrote:
>=20
> I know this prolly isn't the right place to ask but is it possible for =
a BSD=20
>machine running apache and php to access a MS-SQL database?  If so
how? >=20
We tried just that several weeks ago, had to move to Slackware from
FBSD. The FreeBSD box would not compile Apache/php/openlink properly
having posix threading problems. It's unclear to me if the issue was
Openlink, Apache, or FreeBSD. Note that this was with FBSD 3.2 stable
and we were advised to 'try' FBSD 4.0 which we did not. The advice
came as a result of the bug report we filed at FBSD.org.

You could give it a shot with FBSD 4.0, I'd love to know if it works.
I'd take this to the php-db list, you can get a link at the php site,
this is a hot item for many people right now. Me included  ;^)

DAve
--=20
"My center is giving way,=20
my right is pushed back;=20
situation excellent,=20
I am attacking." =0D=20
Ferdinand Foch at the Second Battle of the Marne (1918)