Date:      Mon, 21 Nov 2011 18:47:27 +0100
From:      Stefan Bethke <stb@lassitu.de>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Limiting disk I/O by jail or uid?

I have a process that tends to eat up all available disk bandwidth.  I =
have other processes that I would like to have preference over this one =
process.  Is there a facility that would allow me to assign priorities =
based on jail ID or uid?

This is on 8-stable (but will upgrade to 9 soon) on ZFS.

The straightforward solution is to separate the datasets onto their own =
disks, which I'm planning to do, but a software facility would be that =
much more flexible.

Thanks,
Stefan

--=20