Date:      Wed, 17 Nov 1999 21:26:37 -0800
From:      "Darkhalf" <darkhalf@emdnet.org>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Sysinstall won't find local distribution via ftp

I've installed FreeBSD 3.3 quite a few times and this was my first that was
not %100 successful. Upon trying to install the local additions collection
under distributions it comes back with:

Couldn't extract the following distributions.  This may
be because they were not available on the installation
media you've chosen:

local

I've spent the last day searching the web, newsgroups, etc. for anything
like this but haven't come up with anything. I've tried every mirror in the
U.S. and one in Canada. Any ideas? Thanks