Date:      Fri, 17 Jan 2003 13:22:48 -0800
From:      "L. S. Colby" <lscolby@gwirynybyd.net>
To:        sam@inf.enst.fr
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   FreeBSD Port: gtkada-1.2.12

Hello,

I'm not sure if what I am about to describe is a port problem or not.

I'm running freebsd-4.7-stable.

Gtkada installs its include files in /usr/X11R6/include/gtkada, but
other ports such as gvd look for include files in
/usr/local/include/gtkada. At the moment the gvd port does not compile.

I've compilicated my system configuration by installing gtkada-2.0.0 for
testing - which I've since removed because it conflicted with
gtkada-1.2. As an aside gtkada-2.0.0 compiled from source and I was able
to run some simple tests with it without any problems.

After removing gtkada-2.0,  I also did a "pkg_deinstall gtkada" and then
a "portinstall gtkada" for it again from source.

gtkada-config yields:

-I/usr/local/include/gtkada -largs -L/usr/local/include/gtkada
-L/usr/local/lib -lgtkada -Wl,--export-dynamic -L/usr/local/lib
-L/usr/X11R6/lib -lgtk-x11-2.0 -lgdk-x11-2.0 -lXi -latk-1.0
-lgdk_pixbuf-2.0 -lm -lpangoxft-1.0 -lXft -lXrender -lXext -lfreetype
-lpangox-1.0 -lX11 -lpango-1.0 -lgobject-2.0 -lgmodule-2.0 -lglib-2.0
-lintl -liconv

I first discovered this problem after installing gnade from source -
which was successful - and then attempting to install gsql from source
which requires gtkada.

 I was able to get gsql to find gtkada by adding the X11 include path to
the gnade site .config file - which is sourced by configure.

Gsql depends on gnade for configuration information as it is installed
in source form in the gnade contrib subdirectory. Gsql fails to compile
using gtkada, but this appears to be a problem with the code in gsql.

Thanks - and please accept my appologies if this problem is the result
of somthing I've done that has messed up the gtkada configuration on my
system.

Colby