Date:      Sun, 16 Dec 2012 23:00:01 GMT
From:      Devin Teske <devin.teske@fisglobal.com>
To:        freebsd-sysinstall@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: bin/174475: bsdinstall(8): should remember user input

The following reply was made to PR bin/174475; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Devin Teske <devin.teske@fisglobal.com>
To: <bug-followup@FreeBSD.org>, <oleg@bsdpower.com>
Cc: Devin Teske <dteske@freebsd.org>
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2012 14:49:47 -0800

 I'm working on a new engine for bsdinstall. I got to a stable state on the =
 new/shiny back-end today and (like sysinstall -- the basis for the new engi=
 ne) it remembers user input _and_ only re-performs failed steps.

 I started work on the new engine in November and expect to demonstrate it l=
 ive in-action at BSDCan 2013 (May next year).

 At that time, this PR should be re-evaluated.
 --=20
 Devin

 The information contained in this message is proprietary and/or confidentia=
 l. If you are not the intended recipient, please: (i) delete the message an=
 d all copies; (ii) do not disclose, distribute or use the message in any ma=
 nner; and (iii) notify the sender immediately. In addition, please be aware=
  that any message addressed to our domain is subject to archiving and revie=
 w by persons other than the intended recipient. Thank you.