Date:      Wed, 21 Jun 2017 14:57:33 +0200
From:      Pieter de Goeje <pieter@degoeje.nl>
To:        Matthias Apitz <guru@unixarea.de>, freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: eclipse && tomcat plugin

Op 2017-06-21 om 10:32 schreef Matthias Apitz:
> I have on FreeBSD CURRENT amd64 among others the ports java/eclipse (4.6 Neon) and
> www/tomcat8 (8.0.41) installed, but I do not see how to configure and
> run a tomcat server within eclipse which is needed for some project.

It's been a (long) while, but IIRC you need to have the JavaEE plugins
installed in eclipse to get tomcat integration. For development purposes
a non-ports version of tomcat is likely preferable, because eclipse
expects a standard directory layout.

Even without eclipse integration, you should be able to build your
project, take the resulting .war file and deploy it manually in tomcat.

- Pieter