Date:      Wed, 6 Sep 2000 15:52:11 +0600
From:      "Alex Markov" <alex@asdg.ru>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Cannot make buildworld on i815 mobo... :-(

Hi, All!

First of all - excuse my English, i don't use it for
many years, so it may looks a little awkward... ;-)

Last month i bought new PC, with Asus CUSL2 mobo (i815 chipset).
Installing 4.1-RELEASE and compiling of custom kernel went, as
usually, without any problem. After that all my attempts to make
buildworld fail at line:

===> gnu/usr.bin/as
updating targ-cpu.h

Fatal trap 1: privileged instruction fault while in kernel mode
<skip>
current process = 73652 (cp)
<skip>

Syncing disks...

The /usr/src on my PC mounting through NFS from another server
(P-233 at 430TX chipset), where this sources compiled just fine.

Before sending PR i wanna understand: is it hardware problem with
new (and, maybe, unsupported) Intel chipset, or just some kind of
my stupidity?

Please, CC: me at alex@asdg.ru, if you have any suggestions.
Thanks in advance.

WBR, Alex Markov.