Date:      Sun, 13 May 2001 18:01:11 -0500
From:      Dave Uhring <duhring@charter.net>
To:        "Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH" <allbery@ece.cmu.edu>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Make Buildkernel Failed

On Sunday 13 May 2001 05:29 pm, Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH wrote:
> On Sunday, May 13, 2001 12:13:30 -0500, duhring@charter.net wrote:
> +----
>
> | make buildkernel KERNCONF=mykernel failed because
> | /usr/src/sys/dev/fxp/if_fxp.c:76 miibus_if.h does not exist.
>
> +--->8
>
> Perhaps you missed the heads-up yesterday that fxp now requires miibus.

Indeed, I did miss it.  But after adding

device		miibus

to my kernel conf file and building the kernel again, the NIC doesn't work
at all.  Keeps reporting timeout errors and while I can ping my own host, I
can't ping any of the other machines on the network, let alone the
internet.  ifconfig -a shows a normally configured NIC - proper address,
netmask, media type, etc.  But fxp0 timeout errors keep occurring.

Sending this message from Red Hat Linux.  Same machine, same NIC.