Date:      Mon, 6 Jul 1998 10:44:44 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Brooks Davis <brdavis@orion.ac.hmc.edu>
To:        john <john@unt.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Intel Pro/100+

On Mon, 6 Jul 1998, john wrote:

> > I'd say Intel Etherexpress Pro 10/100B without the blink of an eye. I
> > don't use it in 100MB mode (yet), but in 10MB it outperforms anything I
>
> Speaking of this, is there work in progress for support of the new Intel
> card that replaces the 10/100B--the Pro 100+?  Intels page says that the
> new card is driver compatible--anyone using the new card?

It worked for me under 2.2.5.  We were dropping some packets, but less
then the onboard 3COM (I don't remember which, but the boot messages said
it had defective firmware).  That was running in promiscuious mode on a
10Mbit network with a PPro 180.  It certaintly work well enough for any
normal application, but the drops were a bit annoying since were were
trying to do some network monitoring.

-- Brooks