Date:      Wed, 15 Sep 1999 20:38:56 +0200
From:      Dominik Rothert <dr@domix.de>
To:        Langa Kentane <evablunted@earthling.net>
Cc:        Freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Apache start up

Langa Kentane <evablunted@earthling.net> wrote:

> Got a simple problem with apache.  I don't how to start it up. Should I be
> using inetd.conf or what.. if so, can you please tell me what line to add to
> inetd.conf

I suggest you using 'apachectl' in order to start it up.
Enter 'apachectl' to get an overview of available apachectl-commands.

If you want apache to be started on every boot up, do this as root
at the command line:

echo '/usr/local/bin/apachectl start' >>/etc/rc.local && chmod 0755 /etc/rc.local

Best wishes,
Dominik Rothert.

--
Dominik Rothert