Date:      Thu, 9 Feb 2023 20:04:47 +0100
From:      Tomek CEDRO <tomek@cedro.info>
Subject:   installer live cd general computer service features

Hello world :-)

Is it possible to mount fuse filesystem with installer's live cd?

Usually when servicing a client's computer I just need to boot off the
usb drive and dump a filesystem onto external drive or simply rescue
some files.

I have some medical equipment at hand with some castrated pc i386 bios
that does not boot linux but it boots the FreeBSD! :-)

External drives are usually formatted to exfat or ntfs. These are
available with fuse on FreeBSD. That seems not be available on
Installer's LiveCD set.

Would that be possible to add some nice computer service tools to the
LiveCD (i.e. only to full DVD image)?

This image is already often over single layer dvd image (I have
switched to DVD DL 8GB disks already) or simply the USB stick image.

It would be really nice _not_ to use Linux images at all anymore but
the FreeBSD itself to perform generic servicing tasks from a bootable
image :-)

Any hints welcome :-)
Tomek